Question

Souschefjoe

Have an account in collections by alliance one how do I contact them?
my report show's an account in collection by Alliance one for only $104, I want to pay it off and I have no idea what it is from, I looked up Alliance one online got an 800 # left msg's but haven't heard anything, any idea's what I could do? Thanks

Most Helpful Response

You may not want to do anything to start with.  If it is close to being 7 years old, it will fall off your report automatically 7 years from date it went delinquent.  First, go to www.annualcreditreport.com and dispute the account, ask for verification that it is your debt.  They'll either provide you with all the info on the creditor and account or they'll remove it from your report.  If you do pay it, they have the right to keep reporting for 7 years after you pay them off, unless you negotiate a "pay per delete" with the collector (get it in writing that they'll remove the account from your records once it is paid).  Best of luck!