Question

poet1956

Getting out of credit card debt
I got very sick a couple of years ago. As a result I lost all income and was living off my credit cards, which I couldn't pay. Now I am disabled and only have enough income to pay rent and living bill but not the credit cards. My credit went from 800 down to 420. With no end in site what can I do to maybe pay $25 a month to at least try to pay them. I can't afford anything else or even to file for bankruptcy.

DO NOT keep paying. There really is no hope of getting them paid off and you could really use the money and you are dragging out the "statute of limitations" by continuing to send them money. You may also be extending the credit reporting time period if the accounts are still open. Contact your lenders and tell them that you are disabled and unable to pay your debts, then find out what you need to do from there, they may want you to submit proof of your disability or tell you what you need to do to get off the hook for your debts.