Getting credit score from 659 to 700?
I just checked my credit for the first time, and it is 659. a little background on my credit history. I have one paid off misc loan, A truck truck loan at a balance of 1600, And three credit cards. one is 8,000 and has a balance of 7800. Another is 1,600 and at 1,500. and the last one is limit of 800, and balanced at 450. If pay them down to around %20 percent, will my credit hit the 700 mark? Would it be best to pay them all down to %20 percent then pay the min payment due? or just pay them to 0 and and keep them open? I have just been putting everything to my truck loan. would it be better the leave that one as long as possible, and pay all the other ones down? or would it make that much of a difference. cause i would like to not have a truck payment. but if its better for my credit, ill do min payments.

Most Helpful Response

Maxed out credit cards is the issue

Credit scores take into consideration how much are you utilizing your credit. Not just the overall utilization, but with particular accounts too. Use your card any more than 50% of available credit, then the score drops. Particularly, utilizing any card (with any mediocre limit) about 90% is considered "maxing out" your card, and is very negatively looked upon. I think that's what is hurting your score.

You have two cards that are maxed out (First, 7800/8000=90% utlized and second 1500/1600=93% utilized) and the third card is more than 50% used (450/800). This is the problem.

First, get below that 90% line on the two cards. That means your available credit should be more than $ 800 on the first, and more than $160 on the second. This should bump the score up. Next, get below the 50% utilization line on the third card, and then you can pay all those the way you want. This should do it.

Perfect Credit card use

Do research on this term. Average daily balance.

If you're using a credit card because you're short on money you shouldn't have one. You will fail !!!

For people who make enough money each month. Use your credit card like a debit card but in reverse.

For a debit card your money is already in the bank and you're just pulling from a account. When you use your credit card send a payment to your credit card at some point in that day. If i go to walmart and spend 100 bucks n my credit card. As soon as i get home i'm sending my credit card my payment for that. If i'm headed to Houston tomorrow and plan on spending 400 bucks. Send a $400 payment to your card the day before. Never go below 1% of your utilization rate. 

Once again i'll repeat if you're using a credit card because u don't have enough money you're a sucker and will fail. You credit Score will be damaged.

The trick about credit is to imporive your credit score DON'T USE it to get u by. Pay your balances each day

Play the game but don't get played