Question

MattBavosa0411

General Credit Advice to Increase Score Quickly
I am new here but figured I would ask some advice. Any constructive input is acceptable.

An overview of my credit file: EQ 644 TU 628 (Creditkarma Scores)

2 Auto Loans:

One is over 3 years old, never late, 3 years left.
The other is under a year old, never late, About 5 years left. (Currently undergoing refinance was approved waiting for further paperwork.)

3 Credit Cards:

$750 limit currently $667 balance, last late payment over 2 years ago. (Capital One)
$500 limit just approved not reporting yet (Capital One)
$1800 Furniture Store (Only Reports to EQ) $0 balance

One Equipment Lease:

$1000 balance, never late.

Now for the Negatives:

Store Credit Card Charge off Closed last payment 2011
Security System $1453 Last payment 2011 (Opened without my knowledge by exgirlfriend)
Collection: Separate Listing but same system for $1453

I have been shopping for a new car recently but was stopped because of the bad terms I was receiving. Over the last year I have acquired 21 inquires on TU and 45 inquires on EQ from my various apps for credit and car loans.

Once again any advice is appreciated. Short credit history due to age.

Stop applying for credit. Pay down your balances on both the loans and the credit card, start with the credit card first. Pay loans down but not off. Consider attempting to get a "pay for delete agreement" for the negative accounts if you are able to pay them. Find a beater car to drive for a year or two until your credit improves. Spend an hour or tow each day reading about credit related topics on here and across the net and in a month or two you will have the knowledge that you need. Having knowledge about credit is something that will help you the rest of your life, so the time investment is well worth it.