Question

ashokvchari

Free credit report every calendar year or only every 12 months
Hi, My question was with the annual free credit reports.

I have only pulled my TU report for this year till now.
If i pull my free EQ and EX report now, does it mean that i will not be able to pull either of these reports for the next 12 months or will the clock reset at the end of the year and i would be able to pull any of the reports again any time next year?

Thanks,
Ash.

Most Helpful Response

It is each one every 12 months. Personally, I pull one of them every four months. Over the course of a year that is each one once. However, using CK eliminates the absolute necessity of pulling reports as CK can alert you to things without using a free pull. Only pull a free one if you need to based on future credit utilization that you might be planning, or if CK alerts you to something strange.

ashokvchari

Hi mdtaylorlrim,

Thanks for your answer.

So if i understand you correctly, if i pull either of these reports now, i will not be eligible to pull it for a full 12 months.

I was always under the impression that you may pull any report once every year at anytime, irrespective of the fact that the last report may have been pulled less than 12 months back but in the previous calendar year.

Ash.