Question

Posted in Taxes

Torbett

Federal & State Tax liens & Bankruptcy
My attorney (ex counsel for the IRS) says if I file bankruptcy after two years of my filing, I can have the federal and state lien (debt) abolished. Will the fact that the active liens where once there be removed too? I understand the bankruptcy will be posted and thats fine.

I can understand the liens but I have repayment agreements with both agencies but they wont remove the lien. With the liens I cant improve my situation (a catch 22). Nobody will touch me... better job, rent an apartment etc. which seems to be counter productive for the government. I'd rather have a bankruptcy on my record than an active lien.

I have no debt other than these gov. tax liens.

Also, is there any advantage to have the repayment agreements noted with my credit history on my report?

And so, will the liens still post after the bankruptcy? If so, will they continue to have a rating impact on my score since discharged?