Question

mwright1229

Ex-husbands car repossessed. My name on car also....
Ex-husbands car was repossessed and my name was on car. Divorce decree says he was responsible party for that car. How do I get this to not be a negative toward my report? Can I have a letter or something put in file for reference?

You are stuck.  The auto lender doesn't care what your divorce decree says, that is a document that only affects you and your ex.  When you got divorced he should have re-financed the car into his name alone, that is the only way you could have gotten your name off the note.  Only option now is you can hire an attorney and haul the ex back into court for violating the divorce decree, but I assume he has no money so all you'll end up doing is spending more money on an attorney.  Sorry!

Same Here

The same thing has happened to me, the only difference is that my ex sold the car to a local car dealer. Nissan was calling me at work and I helped them find their car based on what he was told them. I found the car listed on a dealership's website and Nissan repoed it from their lot.

The dealer didn't pay the loan off and my ex has every piece of paperwork to prove it. he refuses to take care of it and it just dropped my credit score 30 points, because the debt was just reported by a new agency. I have no recourse whatsoever. I just have to sit back and watch as it destroys my credit further. I've been divorced for going on 4 years and he's still ruining my credit.