Question

yanknburn

Dropped 31 points after a single hard inquiry in 1 year how long before I get the points back?
I applied for a Capitol 1 card and got it but the hard inquiry cost me 31 points on my credit report. So how long before I get those points back? I mean it was my first inquiry in over a year, seems extreme to hit me like that.

Inquiries fall off your credit report after two years, and don't count much after six months. Most people see a five point drop. In your case, it could be because you have few accounts and/or a short credit history.