Question

cwobb

does using ebay and paypal help my credit score
i have an ebay store that is linked with my paypal account and my paypal account is linked with my checking account is it possible that the transactions on ebay or paypay are helping my credit score

Most Helpful Response

I believe if you were to get into over time, a collection position with paypal then that could get reported.

Ebay and paypal are not going to help your credit score. There is no reporting on your credit report unless paypal goes into collection, which will hurt your score. Since they are linked to your checking account, they simply take money from your account. It's not reporting as credit or anything else that you would see on a credit report (unless, of course, you have an ebay credit card). 

paypal credit

But paypal now has this thing called paypal credit. If you used that and paid back what you owe in time would that help repair your credit score?