Does former closed/payoff mortgages and auto loans should reflect in the credit report?
Mines are not reflecting and I believe it is affecting my score since there is no credit history. How or should I contact to get this corrected?

Most Helpful Response

May Take Time?

I am not clear if you mean that they are not showing at all on your credit report, or that they are not showing as paid off. 

If you recently paid them off, it can take a little while to show up on your report. Financial institutions generally will report at the end of a month. So, if you paid it off on April 1st, It wouldn;t be reported until the end of April. You then have to allow time for the credit agenices to update their records - so it could take a couple of months to show correctly. 

If you paid them off a while ago, but are still showing as open - contact your lenders IN WRITING, and question it. Be specific in your letter. Say - I paid this off on such and such a date, and my credit reports are not reflecting that, please correct this. I have seen it happen that the agency may not have updated their records correctly from what the Lender sent them, or - if you had something like an Equity Credit Line and paid it off - it could still be "Open" on the bank's end if your line was not scheduled to expire yet. 

If your issue is that they are not showing at all on your report, then it could just be that they fell off because they were paid. If a lending institution pulls your report though, it will have a full history of every loan and line you have ever had, with about the last three years of your payment history. 

Just to share with you some of the rules there are now - While some lenders may use the same rules for Verbal or in person challenges, they are not required to - however, the rules are very specific for when you submit a written Credit report dispute. You should always write yourself directly to the lender in question. Do not use a Credit Repair Agency - as their letters are recognized, and Lenders technically cannot respond to a third party request or dispute. The lender then has 30 days from the date they receive your letter to investigate your claim, and also within that time, to send any corrections to the Agencies if necessary, and to get a letter out the door to you informing you of the changes made, or - If they are unable to verify your dispute, to send you a letter indicating why they cannot make a change. This is all per the new regulations of the FCRA and CFPB. 

Just as a background, I work for a large Financial Institution in Quality Control for their Loan Operations Department, and I daily have to review all processed Credit disputes to make sure that they were processed according to these regulations, and that they were processed correctly. 

Credit Karma does not display closed accounts. However, the closed accounts should still appear on your credit report and are included in score calculations by the credit bureau.

check you Credit reports

Thats the only way to say for sure. for your free copies.