Question

HelloSunshine17

disputed collection after 1 year
I disputed a collection on my report for verification last year in October. I have not had a response and it still shows "consumer disputes; reinvestigation in progress". Nothing has been done in almost a year. Additionally, that same collection agency is reporting the same account twice on my report. What are my rights here? I understand that it is supposed to have the investigation complete within 30 days. If I dispute it againwill this get both accounts removed or will it start the 30 day time frame over since one shows disputed and the other doesn't. Any advice is appreciated.

If you have already disputed, inquire on the status of the dispute.  Incude the original dispute information in your inquiry.