Question

SsnowinCo

Dispute debt that is set to fall off?
A ton of my medical bills are set to fall off my credit report in 8 months. Should I send dispute letters out or just let them fall off? If they don't fall off when they are supposed to, do I dispute then as it will be past the SOL? I'm trying to repair my credit and if I use the snowball effect, it might make my credit worse rather than letting those fall off and addressing the biggest issue of Studen Loans.

Does disputing reset the fall off date?

Can't dispute YOUR debts.

You can only dispute entries on your credit reports that DO NOT belong to you.  Any debts you made are supposed to be paid.  However the medical bills being reported as due to fall off in 8 months are past the SOL for collections and would be uncollectable.

Now, as to the student loans, get busy in paying them off because these DO NOT have a statute of limitations and they will not disappear.  The government can go after your social security to repay them if you haven't made the payments before then.  The interest and late fees and the negatives on your credit reports are just going to keep adding up.  And, unlike other debts, student loans are not dischargable  under most bankruptcy provisions.

Best credit repair is making sure you are very dependable in making the payments on your debts.  That carries a lot of weight.