Question

Pharkus

Dispute created a hard inquiry by TransUnion
I filed dispuete about one of the accounts on my TtansUnion report and a hard inquiry reported by TransUnion. So does a dispute end up as hard inquiry by the credit bureau itself? WHY?

You do not get a hard inquiry for disputing accounts on your credit reports, the hard inquiry that you see came from something else and not from the dispute. Carefully look over all of this again as I am sure that you are missing something or reading something wrong somewhere.

Pharkus

The hard inquiry specifically says
“Creditor: TransUnion
Inquiry Date: Jul 31, 2015
Removed by : Aug 2017
TYPE: Misc.
Creditor Contact : TURSS/TRANSUNION, GREENWOOD VILL, CO 80111"

Clearly a hard inquiry by TransUnion. The date is the very date I filed dispute. What am I missing?

TURSS/ TransUnion

I had the exact same thing come up on my credit report and what I found is that the TURSS is the name of the a company that did a rental credit inquiry on me when I was trying to rent somewhere. It stands for TransUnion Rental Screening Solutions.

I hope this helps!