Question

victim27

debt collector tried to collect a debt to the wrong person .never sign up to be a co-signer.
have a issue with a debt on my credit report for over 3000 dollars saying that i sign stating i was responsible for when its a debt of my baby father bail... i was told to just give a deposit for him cause he was incarcerated in 2014. the paperwork initially was written up in one city and paid deposit in another 2-3 agents. i was never told what i was signing , but that it was a receipt that i paid for him at 6am in the morning and was not given any clue about the paperwork stating that the initial agent had talk to him and discuss all terms but not to me but that this was a receipt for payment to post bail. it was quick transaction....and also that they only trying to collect from me when i have no income and he was the client. they normally require co-signer that has income ,otherwise it will be no point collecting from someone that has none and is a stay at home mom with two kids. please can someone help me .... etc........

I wish I had some helpful advice for you, but if you "signed" you signed. You may want to contact an attorney that deals in consumer law and see if there is anything they can do for you. Most give free consultations. There may also be legal aid for you if you are low or no income, check with your government officials.