Debt Collector calling for a debt but no Record on Credit Report?
I just spoke with a debt collector. They were calling about a debt that was charged off in 2009 from Huntington National Bank. The amount of the current balance is $410.41. I asked them to send a validation of debt. While she was preparing that information she was also talking to me about options to pay the debt. She mentioned a settlement, and I figured I would ask how much the settlement amount was - $338.20 (not so great, eh?) - and while she was fiddling with her computer, i pulled out my credit report I printed last week and there is absolutely no record of Huntington on my credit report (although I do know i had a closed account several years ago with them) - do I dispute this with the debt collector as it's no longer on my credit report? What do I do?