Question

snefru

Dad and I have the same first & last name. My credit score suffers for his issues. Can I fix this?
My dad and I have the same first and last name, but different middle name. Living at the same address for so long has merged out credit issues together over the years. I'm 27 and have an outrageously bad score for someone who hasn't had rent issues, loans, credit cards at all, or even student loans. Really, I have no credit cards or student loans at all. I have paid off the medical bills that were, in fact, my own. I have found his credit card balances, utility bills, etc. on my credit reports. The collection agencies tell me they are not given birth date or SSN. I'm getting married in 3 months. I don't want to drag my wife down with my seemingly irreparable credit. HOW CAN I FIX THIS IN A HURRY? (no I can't get a credit card and use that as a building tool. I don't qualify for anything.)