Question

Jixxer1371

Creditor double reporting every month, 5.5yrs after closure?
I have a charged-off account, which went delinquent Oct. 2011. Just recently discovered that the creditor religiously reports every month that the account is past due AND over limit (accrued interest I assume). My question is three fold: 1. Is their continued reporting still dinging my credit every month or is it the same as the account showing up at all? 2. Why would 1 CB show the account as open but the other 2 show as closed? 3. Does the creditor's current reporting effect when the account will drop from my reports?

Yes you are getting dinged every month with the updates. Different credit bureaus sometimes show different information on accounts and I cannot answer you why this is happening. The current reporting does NOT affect the fall off date in any way.