Question

netdiversf

What credit score do I need to qualify for a mortgage?

86000 loan with a crediy score of 598

is it possible to get a FHA or other type of loan for a home that is appraised at $130,000 is only asking $86,000 for it my credit score is currently in a 598 but I'm working with a credit repair person to raise it within the next month is there anybody that would lpass me for a ficxed rate mortgage loan with a score this low?

SteveThePirate

I would say that it is possible but the interest rate would be high! I have seen signs on the side of the road for people that work with people who have a credit score of 580 or higher. Do what is required to get your credit up. If you paid off your debt and made small purchases/paid off all cc debt each month, I bet your credit would shoot up to 620 and you would have a better chance to get a better loan.

PMI REFUND?

Now that my mortgage is paid to $70,000 on property CONSERVATIVELY valued at 150,000, am I eligible to apply and GET a refund of pmi I may be paying? If so, how do I go about requesting it?

Chadleybradley

depends, a sure fire way is to refinance, or you can try contacting who holds your mortgage and see what they want. Most likely either way will need an appraisal.