Question

netdiversf

What credit score do I need to qualify for a mortgage?

Most Helpful Response

Credit scores needed for a mortgage loan

You will need a 580 credit score to get an FHA loan, 580 for VA in certain states. There are conventional loan programs for borrowers with a 620 credit score and 3% down, you just have to find the right lender to work with you. Check out The Lenders Network to get referred to a lender that has bad credit loan programs.

www.thelendersnetwork.com

FHA may take you with a 640 but the PMI is now out of this world. A 3.5% rate may take the bite out of it. On a $200k loan you have about a $250 monthly PMI.

That is wonderful. But I too am looking for a morgage my credit score is 583 is there any lender who would approve me right now.

In order to qualify for the best rates, the baseline minimum score is 720. However, the mortgage underwriting process takes into account several factors including income, outstanding debt, and amount of liquid assets (think savings accounts and 401K) as well as your credit score. This means that you may still qualify for a mortgage with a lower score. On the flip side, you may be required to have a higher score for certain mortgages and other contribution factors especially in today's economic environment. Speaking with a mortgage professional and going over your particular situation is a good way to know if you qualify for a mortgage.

i have a credit score of only 546 is there any lenders that will work with that to get a home loan

cropchick

I would try credit unions

As of right now, the banks are looking at a minimum of 620 for your middle score. Some banks and some programs are now requiring 640. There is also a rumor that FHA loans will require either 660 or 670 here in the near future to even qualify.

tsanders26

Well I just bought a home and I actually only had a 610 score but like this article says they do take in other factors like my work history which i have been with my job for 8 years and i am only 26 so that looks really good

Credit scores needed for a va loan

I have a score of 654 and I'm looking to buy a home in the $200,000 to $250,000 range. Can I get a loan to cover the cost of the whole house? I have no extra savings I can spend on a down payment %.

86000 loan with a crediy score of 598

is it possible to get a FHA or other type of loan for a home that is appraised at $130,000 is only asking $86,000 for it my credit score is currently in a 598 but I'm working with a credit repair person to raise it within the next month is there anybody that would lpass me for a ficxed rate mortgage loan with a score this low?

I just had a repo on a auto how will this effect my getting a home loan credit score is 643

PMI REFUND?

Now that my mortgage is paid to $70,000 on property CONSERVATIVELY valued at 150,000, am I eligible to apply and GET a refund of pmi I may be paying? If so, how do I go about requesting it?

Chadleybradley

depends, a sure fire way is to refinance, or you can try contacting who holds your mortgage and see what they want. Most likely either way will need an appraisal.