Question

haasro03

Credit Utilization
Hi, I'm currently using less than 1% of my available credit. I have a Secured credit card with a limit of 501 dollars, of which I'm currently using $1.06. I have a secured loan of $1000, of which i owe $745 yet. I also have a credit card on my account from work, which has a limit of $26,000, but my amount used is shown as $0.

The credit utilization feature shows that I am using less than 1% of my available credit, yet it ranks me as "C" which is for those with a much higher utilization rate. I don't get it, and apparently that has a high impact on my credit score. Can anyone shed some light?

Thank You!

Most Helpful Response

The Credit Report Card is a comparison metric to let you know how certain components of your score stack up against other members'. In general, the members with the highest credit scores have a utilization rate between 1% and 20%, so that range is an "A". Members with 0% utilization tend to have lower scores, and therefore have a utilization rate of "C". 

Hope that clears up any confusion!

Credit Utilization

It looks to me like they are counting your loan and card only toward your utilization. Those would put you in the 40 - 60 % range and thus the "C" score. It is pretty obvious that the $26,000 is not counted toward your personal available credit which would barely put you at 3% utilization and an "A" score. If that work account is listed on your credit report I would question the credit bureau as to why it is not being considered in your total utilization. Hope this helps.