Question

TankWall

Credit score randomly dropped
I have been paying off collections accounts to get my score to a point where I can get a card to start rebuilding my credit. The first 2 I paid off jumped my score a bit and I saved up for a month and a half to pay the last one off. Now that it is paid off it is still cycling through the system to show as closed but my credit score dropped 29 points. Nothing else has changed. I have not acquired any new debt, been late on payments, or had any other changes to my account.

Any idea why this would randomly drop like that?

When you paid the collection it updated and if it hasn't update in a while it would cause a score decrease. Time will take care of it. Do some reading on how to write a good "Goodwill Letter" to send to the collection companies that you've paid asking them to remove the negative account.