Question

UpgradingMyLife

Credit Score is 490, how likely is it that I will get a auto loan?
How likely will it be to get a approved for a auto loan?

PLEASE. My credit was so bad I couldn't have bought a bag of potato chips on time. My credit was like 430.  I live in Metro Denver, Colorado. I went to Schomp Honda and they hooked me up. My interest is 17% but I have no reason to cry because my credit sucked bigtime.  Hang in there- It can be done!

shadysadek

I did have this score and I went buy a car the company love to hunt ppl like us because they can get more money from low credit more than good credit so out finance should be 17% but those companies make it over 26 to 29%

car loan approval

490 credit score is really, really bad.  Someone will finance you for an auto loan, but be prepared to pay super high interest rates.   Which puts you in the poor house.  It's hard to move forward financially when you are locked into a crazy 5 year high interest loan on a crappy car that you over-paid for, because you have low income and a low credit score.  Please don't lock yourself into 5 more years of poverty.  My advice, save 1,000 or 1,500 dollars, buy an ugly car that gets you from place to place.   If the car has an unexpected mechanical failure (like the engine blows up or the transmisson goes out), then you can sell it to the auto dismantler for $500 and move on.   Maybe in a couple years, your financial position will improve, maybe get a new job, and you make credit card payments on time and credit score increases.   Then you could consider buying a used car from the dealer (again, keep the purchase amount low so that you aren't a slave to debt).  Hope this helps !!  (btw, nobody cares how cool you look in your car,  but   people look stupid  if they buy a car they can't afford)

ANT289

Enter Your ReplyVery, very good advice. So many truths spoken, I hope alot of people are helped by your commentary.

Advice

The only way someone is going to finance you for an autoloan is if you have a big down payment. I would say atleast $5,000. Your interest rate is going to be through the roof at first. The bright side is that after you sucessfully make your car payment in full and on time for 2-3 months your credit will begin to improve. I would stay with your original lender for atleast 3 but no more than 6 months before you refinance out of your original loan and into a different one. You will need to make your payments on time and in full every month. And you may need to refinace two or even three more time over the course of the next year or two before you end up with a decent loan with an interest rate below 8%.

I had decent credit (low 600's) before buying a car 9 months ago. My original loan had an interest rate of 18%. I put $4,000 down on $20,000 car. I almost didn't sign the paper until I was told that I could refinance at any time. I waited 3 months before I refinanced with Capital One Auto Finance. I have been a Capital One customer for over 4 years and my accounts were in good standing. I was a little disappointed by the 11% rate that they offered me. But I accepted it. I have sinced refinanced again to 8.49% with Open Road Lending. The upside is that I now have a loan that is 10.5% less interest than my original loan. The downside is that since I have refinanced twice in one year I barely notice any difference in my principle balance.

Another option you might want to look into is if you have anyone who would be willing to co-sign for you. This would help you get into a reasonable loan.

Mrs

Please stay away from prestige financial they will tear your credit up. Payed my car off never was late and my credit says it was a charge off!! Thank God I have all my financial statements. Dirty business practices at its finest

I know someone with that credit score and he got approved for $15,000 at around 26%. BUT a week after he bought the car, they rescinded the loan offer and it was never finalized. Something about him being too low income or something. He had to take the car back and couldn't get approved anywhere else. 

Top1105

Also that was with $2,000 down. 

Give Credit Pros a call 1-877-235-0324. Ask about their preffered lender program.. Good luck my friend.

gcuzzi14

very good

MasterGodEmperor

redguy411: your reply was great because it was direct, and gave a real phone #. Keep up the good work of helping people!

Be careful when getting an auto loan

Be really  careful when getting an auto loann with bad credit. many comapnies that will extend you credit  are incredibly shady... We had a nightmare about 8 tearsago when buying a used car from a dealership in Phx Az. Midway chevy saidf they would take care of finding us someone to extend us a loan .I had a suspended DL at the time but was going to be helping pay for the vehicle. We stressed that I should have my  financials included when seeking the loan but not to put me on the title .. The said they wouldn't put me on the title and our "first " paper work off the lot was in my husbands  name only. BUT when we got our stuff in the mail so we could get more than temp registration they had my name on it as they had lied to make the sale.  

WE couldn't register the vehicle  and Midway refuse to take my name off the title.. We found someone at the MVD    who helped us but it was a big  mess.

The loan company  were         legal loan sharks and  tried charging interest on interest charges and    late fees and all kinds of nonsense. We finally   read all about them online and   voluntarily let them repo the car  because they were never going to let us pay it off and some folks had their car repod EVEN after paying it off   so.... be really  careful ... Lots of people will want to loan you that money but most of them are just going to make your credit worse.

I would wait and pay cash until my credit was MUCH better to get an auto loan

Sorry just talking from experience.

Mgnndfw

You cant have your income included and not be on the paper work.  Otherwise, I'd like to include Donald Trumps financial records, please :).  Anyone can say this, but having your money considered for a loan means YOU are part of the loan

ANT289

What was your FICO score when this loan originated?

Roadloans.com will probably give you a loan but interest rates will be very high of course. Try Capital One Blank Check program too. Good luck!

lauravalerie

Please be careful with the Capital One blank check program. Be sure that they explain very carefully and clearly (and that you understand) the Loan-to-Value policy. I was approved for a Capital One blank check and the rep I spoke with on the phone failed to explain that policy to me. When I got to the dealership and was all ready to sign the paperwork on the car, I was told by the financing officer that because of this policy, I would still have to put down almost $2,000. Also, the program is very limiting in what you can do with the money - the requirements for the amount of the car, the year, the mileage, and the dealership you can buy from are very specific, so just be sure to read all the fine print and make sure you understand the way it works before you commit to use it. And if you decide not to use it, be sure to let them know - there is a penalty fee for not using it.

Vlanson

I’d like to share my story too. Just a few weeks ago i was homeless, i was jilted by my online lover. and he had robbed me of everything i had. By the time i realized i was being played, my credit score was already 458 , i had an eviction on my report and a large debt on my credit. I was on my way to the little corner behind the store where i normally sleep when i saw a fellow homeless person who i met some days ago and he was looking so changed and successful. I immediately began to beg him to tell me how he made it so fast and because i had told him my story when we previously met, he understood my problem and gave me the contact of the hacker that helped him. i contacted the programmer (ex FICO and Experian agent) and he fixed my credit, raised my credit score and cleared all negative listings on my credit in less than 9 days. I would have kept quiet about this, but i won't be able to forgive myself for not helping people who are in terrible conditions like i was. "gmorrison741 @ g m a i l . c o m" is the programmer's email address. I wish you good-luck. Y’all can thank me later. 

460?

Drive time will approve you for $20000....they only require $18000 down payment.

I have a 508 credit score and I came into a good amount of money a couple of months ago nd I went to carmax and got my dream car corvette with $7500 down on a 42k loan high payment and 19% interest Santander financial.

Skybarney

I am going to try to offer som freindly advice.  Sell the vette.  Why?  If you needed a loan to buy the car you did not come into enough money to own the car.  A 19% interest rate (front loaded I am sure) on a 35k loan.  Ouch.

henleygirl

I Had an Auto Loan with Santander !  for a used car for 60 months  i Never was Late on Payments ! Paid it off a Month Early ! Now I am going thru h== due to Sandtander ! ON MY CREDIT REPORT SANTANDER MY AUTO LOAN IS ON AS CHARGED OFF ACT CLOSED ! OWE 800 DOLLARS  ! LAST PAYMENT WAS JAN 2014 !  I HAVE THE TITLE 1 DOESNT HASNT HELPED ME ! I NEED ANOTHER USED CAR ! AND EVERYWHERE I TRY THEY GO BY MY CREDIT SCORE !

AS ON ALL CREDIT REPORTS AS HERE TOO ! SAY A CAR LOAN IS THE BEST WAY TO REBUILD YOUR CREDIT NOT SO TRUE !  and AVOID PROGRESSIVE INS AS ANOTHER MEMBER SAID I TOO WAS IN AN ACCIDENT TOTAL MY CAR THEY LEFT THE SCENE I HAD ININSURED MOTORIST INS ! WITNESSES ! AND THEY PAID NOTHING !! DO NOT BUY PROHRESSIVE INS !! 

scarhill

Buying a Corvette for $42,000 and a 508 credit score resulting in a 19 percent interest rate is the highest form of stupidity.  You would be far, far better off using the resulting car payment to improve your credit score.

julietpoops

You realized you will be paying about $15k in interest for after 4 years right? If you got a 5 year loan it would be over $19k, The interest is 50% of your loan amount. 

abatiste2002

Some people love to put people down and so they feel better.