Question

Kristin5781

Credit Score dropped 53 points-why?
Hi- help please. I feel like I'm driving myself absolutely crazy. I have been trying to improve my credit, and dispute/clean up things that are dragging it down over the past few months. I just disputed a car repossession, we did in fact pay the car off completely, I just disputed the 2 months it was in repossession. Equifax removed the reporting claim all together and my score dropped 53 points. I give up. I need help. I have spent hours trying to understand how this all works and I just seem to be either chasing myself in a circle or making things worse. ,

Stop following the Vantage scores that you get here, they are confusing about how they work and most lenders do not use them. Start following your FICO scores. Make sure that you have some accounts that are open and in good standing now, even if you have to get a Secured credit card now in order to do that.