Question

Krisv1988

Credit Score Dropped 118 points -_-
As of yesterday my credit score dropped 118 points. I was sitting around 749-752 for about two years. I have no collection accounts the only open account i have is a credit card ive had for about 1 1/2 years now. Last month my credit card company offered me a free upgrade to a rewards card. So i took it. I logged in yesterday to check my score and it dropped 118 points im now down to 629 poor credit. I checked everything on my credit report there is nothing bad. so what could have made my credit history drop so low?

Maybe...

First, they may have made a hard credit check, which means one more inquiry. Also if the number of the credit card changed then that means they may have closed your old account and opened a new one. That would have decreased the average age of your accounts to under a year.

Check your FICO scores to see what they are doing. Do some reading on what it takes to build and maintain good credit, you need more than just an account or two.