Credit reporting on an account paid in full and closed a year ago.
Two years ago I took out a $8000 auto loan with a sketchy in-house creditor for a used car. I was young and stupid, paid a terrible rate, but did so on time and in full as I was told they reported to Transunion. The account was paid and closed in February of 2014. I've only recently began looking over my credit, and there is no trace of any auto-loan account in sight. Understand, this was supposed to be the biggest and most important account in my transunion history.

After contacting the creditor, they said there was an issue back then, (they were very vague about the details), but they've been recently re-updated and that I needed to contact transunion, report my account, and ask them to contact my creditor about it. I knew this was the run around.

I reluctantly did so anyway, and was told by transunion I needed to contact my creditor, as only they can report an account.

I did so again, and relayed this to my creditor, who stated: "I dunno, he'll try it again I guess." I asked for a time frame for this to be completed, and they were currently unable to give me one, so I stated I'd call them again in the morning.

I have proof of many of the payments through checks from my bank, and the contract stamped "Paid", however nowhere in the contract does it state that they will report credit. I know after they've at least reported the account I can file for it to be reported fairly, but unless they do so, I don't know what to do.

Is there a "statue of limitations" on reporting a paid account that I'm unaware of?

Wat do.