Question

AK78

Credit monitoring
my car was broken into over the weekend and thieves got away with my tablet and possibly a flash drive that contained lot of personal information, includng my SSN. I have requested 90 days alert from Experian to watch out for any possible identity theft / credit card misuse etc. I have also filed police report immediately. What else can I do to secure my personal and financial information ?

I would do a Credit Freeze with each CB for the next 3 to 5 years.    It will cost, but better to do that then have something happe.

Each time you want to open a new line of Credit you would have to unfreeze or give the folks a password to access your info,  something like that. 

Sucks but thats what you need to do. 

Companies are LifeLock are a JOKE!,  

AK78

Thanks for the useful info Icuhowie. Appreciate it.