Question

vrobinson445

Credit Dsipute significantly lowered my credit score at the time of request
I am trying to buy a home and have been working hard on improving my credit for some time. We went to get a pre-approval for a home loan. The loan officer noticed that they way the credit bureau was reporting a (closed paid in full) collections debt hit my credit score 3 times. Each credit bureau reported the debt differently so it showed up as three separated debts. I contested this last night and found that the credit bureaus reopened the debt, added more days late to my report and my credit plummeted by 20 points!....This was a closed and paid off debt and before the bureaus reported me as having zero outstanding collections now I have one. Any ideas other than once again trying to call the three bureaus and trying to fix it once again. I am working in a very short time window for this and should have been a simple consolidation. I know one has to stay on the report...but I shouldn't be dinged for three. Any ideas how to jump start this and keep my sanity?