Question

TroyMcGruder

Court Judgement.
Was taken to court (Iowa) by two bill collectors. Once I was served papers I immediately called them and settled out of court. I paid the full price of the debt knowing that it would hurt my credit. Never went before A Judge, never signed any court papers. I have one paid off, and another will be paid off in a month or two. If I settled out of court how can there be a judgment against me? Can I file a dispute with these? Do I file it with the court house? That’s the address given on my tax report.

Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next

Do a public records search on yourself. If nothing comes up, send a request to the CRAs to remove the item. There are some really shady CAs out there who falsely report to the CRAs just to mess with you, which I believe is a violation of the FDCPA. It happened to me and for the past five years I let it go, believing there was such a judgement entered, when lo and behold, a public records search turned up nothing.  I am now in the process of requesting deletion, which TU has already done. 

im not sure i understand your question... you have one debt you paid full freight on and settled out of court on, and another that you are making payments on, but they still gt a summary judgement against you? didnt you go to court ? if so, then why didnt you show te court you were making payments? somehow you lost me there...

I would be getting on the phone to a local attorney in your area.. if you have already had a judgement against you I'll bet the race has already been lost, but, again you need someone to sit down and review this whole thing with you.. and that is a local attorney...

good luck..  

Vlanson

Lexington Law is a huge rip-off scam. They tell you that they will fix your credit, they make very big promises to get you to sign their contract. You pay the monthly payments and getting nothing in return. I used them for over a year and 8 months and my credit scores actually went down. We had a very sick child and had a lot of medical collections and because they inquired about those to try and dispute them it basically quote refreshed the debt thus making our scores lower. We were young and dumb back then. I recommend yatesnovakovic @ g m a i l . c  o m. He is a genius, get through with him today and you will be glad you did. He saved us from Financial ruins and bankruptcy...He deleted all the hard inquiries, BK on our credit report and then proceeded to improving our credit score to the early 800's 

Get a free consultation from a recommended attorney.

I'd recommend taking a good look at your credit report.  If the judgement has been "filed" (which it had to for you to be contacted by the court), then it's a matter of record on your credit.

You dispute through the credit agencies, as they are the ones that have the resposibility of the report.

Contact me through my profile if you need help.

Court Judgement

How do I find out who has a judgement against me on my credit report?

Page 1 of 1   Previous | Next