Correct timing for sending PFD letters to collections, after filing disputes with credit agencies.
I'm trying to clean my report and have collections removed. I filed disputes with 3 credit agencies for several collection items on 5/20/16. Do I need to wait for collection agencies to provide me with debt validation letters, before I can send them PFD letters, in case they are not able to validate? Or can I do it while waiting for them to validate? What is the general rule of thumb on timing for this? Please advise, thank you.