Question

jaysynn84

Contacted by a law firm about an old judgement from a old debt
Hello, I had a judgement put against in 2014 for a ashley's furniture Credit card in 2010. Long story short. I couldn't afford the card because My wife was hurt at work and for 6 months it was pay the rent and food or pay the credit card. I chose the rent. I never got the letter for the judgement but it did happen in my county's court. It was removed from my credit report by lexington law firm. Now, yesterday I received a letter from a law firm to collect the debt from said Judgement. I'm the sole provider for my family and can't afford to pay them due to medical bills for the kids. Does anyone know my options? Debt Validation letter? can they sue me twice? Is there some way to get rid of this?

I would say that the debt is validated as you have a court ordered judgement for it. I am not sure if the judgement has expired or not, but they may get it renewed. I guess your best bet would be to just ignore them and hope that they don't get your wages garnished. Your best bet here is to speak with an attorney in your state. Look around and you can probably find one that give free consults or cheap advice.