Question

fonewiz

Collector removed remarks by deleting and re-adding collection
I disputed an item on my credit report held by a collection agency a few months ago. The debt was not removed but the remark "Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements" was added. On my most recent report, Credit Karma shows that this collector removed the account just to re-add it immediately again but now the remarks are gone. Can they do this legally? It appears they did this so the remarks showing that I disputed it would drop from the report. Thanks for any advice on this.