Question

bghoss

collections and re-aging question
I have an account in collections but the original debtor (Wells) isn't showing on my credit report. How can I find the date of the original default? I have had no communication with the collection agency or the original debtor since the date of default. The CA shows the date as January 2010 but the default date would likely have been in 2008 or earlier. I would like to petition to have it removed next year if my information is correct.
So, it appears to me that the CA has re-aged the debt. The SOL is certainly passed now I just need to know the proper date to request removal.
Appreciate any advice on this.

No, they didn't re-age the debt, they are reporting the date the account opened with them, which is legal.  You need to write letters to all three bureaus as well as the collector and ask them for the Date of Last Delinquency and also ask when the account is due to come off your report.  Best of luck!

bghoss

My report shows when it will fall off but that is based upon the 7 years from the date the Collector acquired it.  Arent I entitled to have it removed it from my report 7 years from the date of deliquency of the origianl loan?

Thanks