Question

xbixler1

Closing Open Collection Accounts
I have two old accounts that are past the statute of limitations. One has been closed by one credit reporter and I'm disputing the other with that same reporter, but the other credit reporter stated I would need to contact the account holders directly to request them being closed. I am no willing to do this as I feel I may say something that could restart the time limit. Any suggestions on how to get these accounts closed? By the way, I don't care if they are still reported, I just want them closed. Thank you to all.

Look up the Statute of Limitations on Collections to see what it is in your state.  The debts will be reported for seven years from date of first delinquency no matter what the SOL is and, if they are not removed in that time, they may be disputed as being far past the reporting date.  I strongly recommend readingm the articles on this site so you can understand exactly what restarts the SOL since just talking about it does not restart the SOL.