Question

kitos08

Closed Accounts: Once fully paid, are late payments removed from credit report?
I'm trying to build my payment history percentage and was curious if closed accounts have an impact on that? The accounts I have a few missed payments are on active accounts but my closed account (which I know I've missed payments on) doesn't show up in my "missed payment" section. If an account is closed, are those payment histories removed from your report as well?

Closed Accounts stay on your Credit Report for 7 Years,   Lenders will see those accounts along with the Late Payments.   

The Late payments may not show up as part of the Calculation for the Credit Score ( Vantage 3.0 ) but other types of Credit Scores might take them into account.  Not All Credit Scores are caculated the same way.

Lenders can look at anything on your Credit Report.   So if you see it then they can see it.

I would say  DO NOT CLOSE your Accounts that have Late Payments.    Keep them active,   and just wait out the 7 years from the time of the last late payment on the account to roll off.  Yes 7 Years is a long time, but you have nothing but time on your side.

Good Luck

Late payments remain on your credit report for seven years as part of your credit history.