Question

Meghanmcraig

Closed account with JCP but it still shows as open on my credit report. Will this update? Dispute?
My mom added me as an authorized user to her JCP card FOREVER ago. She's made all her payments on time, and it gives me great credit history. The down side: The card was maxed. SO... without discussing it with me, she removed me from the account (thinking she was helping me). Now, it's still showing as open on my account with high credit utilization, even though I am no longer on the card. This happened several weeks ago. I disputed it with TransUnion, saying that the account was closed by the consumer, but I'm having trouble disputing with Equifax, because I don't have the 10 digit confirmation number they're looking for on the dispute page. Is this a matter of just waiting for the account to show up as closed? If so, how long will that take? And if not, can anyone help me dispute through Equifax or tell me how to get that number? On the dispute page it says that the number "is the 10-digit confirmation number found on the copy of your Equifax Credit File." Not sure where to find that.

To get the ten digit number you need a copy of your credit report from Equifax and it will be found on there. They are a terrible company to deal with, there is no reason why they cannot go by your social security number. You can go to the website annual credit report to get a free copy of your report or get a one dollar subscription with Equifax to get a number then cancel before the trial membership is over. Once you get the number that they want, tell them that you are no longer an authorized user on the card and want it removed from your reports. If Equifax gives you any trouble on this I would file complaints with the proper authorities, BBB and such, and call a consumer law attorney and consider suing Equifax if they are violating your rights and inflicting damage upon you due to their violations of the law.