Question

VivaDixie

Closed Account, Not reported for almost 2 years and listed with zero balance. Just got a huge bill?
I have a foreclosure that hasn't been reported since April 2015. I was told by the bank that everything was final and the house had been sold like two years ago. It's listed as Closed and has a $0 balance on my credit report. I just got a letter from the bank with a balance of $30,000 more than what I owed before...

You should check your state's "Statute of Limitations" time frame on this to find out if you are legally on the hook for the amount or not. In most states, lenders only have a certain number of years to sue for debt. I would not advise that you contact the bank, you don't want to say anything wrong. If anything, you may consider speaking to a consumer law attorney about this.