Clearing up what seems to be inaccurate reporting on a repossessed vehicle
In early 2007 I bought a new Nissan and was financed through Desert Schools Federal Credit Union. Later that year my finances went to the pits while going through a divorce. I was unable to maintain my auto loan payments and the vehicle was repossessed and auctioned leaving a collectable balance of $8,265. Both the actions of the repossession and auction took place between mid October 2007 and the end of that same year (2007). I have since financed another vehicle, however it seems year after year new reporting of the installment loan from Desert Schools Federal Credit Union is appearing on my credit bureau report. As of today it appears as an instalment loan reported July 2013 with 2 late payments and a balance of $8,265. My main concern is the over all negative impact it has on my credit score and history as it appears to be an installment loan that has just recently become delinquent as opposed to "old news". Any advice as to how to get it to show up correctly or to not show up at all would be appreciated. Also, advice on the exact ramifications it has now vs being reported accurately and/or how much longer it's going to impact me based on the age of the deliquency would be awesome as well. Thank You =)