Question

A1AB2B

Capital One credit card company can't find closed account.
I have called them 4x.
Been transferred to many people including supervisors.
There is a delinquent I want to get off.
I have 2 capital one cards currently.
The account was closed in 2012.
The 3rd time the rep was filling out a disputes to send to reporting agencies for me saying they couldn't find account.
During the follow up call the supervisor (2 weeks later)said they had no knowledge of disputes and couldn't find the account herself.
Any suggestions?

If you had the card,

You probably have an old bill for it.  Write a letter, Include a copy of the last bill you recieved, if they can't track it down that way they are idiots. 

Don't deal with them on the phone. To many chances for errors. I once had a CapOne trying to chase down a fraudulant account for weeks and it turned out they had digits transposed.  (one of the reasons I refuse to do business with CapOne) 

You say the account was closed in 2012, Chances are the account was written off and sold to a collection agency. The C.A. may not have followed through and hasn't placed the account on your credit report yet. That may be why its not showing up on the CC co's system or on your credit report.  

If they can't find it and it's not reporting anywhere else then you may have "Missed a bullet" for the moment so to speak.  But be aware that even if Cap One can't tell you what the account status is, It could pop up on your report later and you wouls have to deal with it then.  That account has until 2019 to try and collect so you may not be out of the woods yet, Be prepared to deal with it when it comes up.