Question

lhall4782

Can I have this removed from my credit report?
I have one bad mark on my credit report, however the open date, close date, and last payment dates are ALL WRONG. Is this grounds to dispute and have it removed? If I can have it removed based on these issues....how do I do this?

You can dispute errors in your report.  You merely write a letter to the appropriate bureau(s) that include the wrong information.  The bureau will contact the creditor for the correct information.  If you have data to support your position, this can speed the process along.    You have to send the dispute letter to each bureau, fixing it on one will not fix it on the others unless the creditor files updated information themselves.  I doubt they will remove the entry itself based on errors on dates.   Removal us usually only from expired items and for accounts which are not yours.   Although, in your dispute, you can always ask that it be removed even if you are not entitled.