Question

stk27

can credit unions report on your credit while your in a chapter 13 bankruptcy
So I filed a chapter 13 in 2009 and still owed on two vehicles. We tried to keep them out of the bankruptcy but the trustee made them part of it and adjusted the balance that I had to pay the credit union. So for three years I was paying the trustee 950 and she was paying my creditors. I had not been even a day late with my auto loans before I filed and paid all my chapter 13 payments until my case was over and done. Then I waited a year and looked on here and it shows 18 late payments of 30 to 60 days for the auto loans so I guess they kept reporting during my bankruptcy even though I was paying the trustee and she was paying them. They were paid off during the bankruptcy and I have both titles but they also reported that I only paid 85 percent of the loan and it is now closed, Im asuming that is because of the adjustment the trustee made in the beginning which was not my choice I wanted to pay them what I owed them but she wouldnt let me. so did they have the right to report all that or can I make them take it off because I was in a chapter 13? thanks to anyone who can help

A bankruptcy does not stop the reporting of a debt and any adjustments made by the trustee are for your overall benefit (to help you be able to make payments during the bankruptcy procedure).  Your intentions to make the full payments were good but the trustee has been "down this road" way too often and knows what often happens. I've been there myself.  There is nothing you can change about the "adjustment" because it was likely the book value of the vehicles instead of what you owed. The finance company lied to the court and tried  to value my vehicle at far more than it was worth so I had to drive over 100 miles (one way) to show the vehicle and get the value confirmed and the bankruptcy was allowed as stated.

What is reported here is based on information from Transunion so you can check your credit reports (something we should be doing annually) and dispute only wrong information with the credit bureau reporting it.  Now is the time to work on rebuilding your credit and keeping it good so you don't have to go through this mess again.