Better to have multiple open accounts or higher Avg Account Age?
Problem: In the past, when I've gone for a car loan I've been told that I "have a good credit score, but not enough history..."

Goal: Gain more of a credit history while keeping my great score, so that I can get the best rates on auto loans and/or a mortgages.

Situation: I have 4 open accounts 2 credit card, 2 student loan. All in good standing. I have 1 credit card I never use (3 years old). 1 credit card (5 years old) that I use for everything.
The student loan accounts have only been open for a little over a year. Total I have an Average Credit History Age of 3 years with these 4 open accounts. I also have enough cash to totally pay off both student loans.

Question: Is it better to keep my student loan accounts open and in good standing by paying them off slowly or pay off the newer student loan accounts, close the unused credit card account and have only 1 open account which is over 5 years old (making my Average Credit History Age the same age as the 1 account, effectively raising my history age by 2+ years).