Question

Simp0lman

Best way to pay off debt
I have approximately 30k of debt. Tax, credit card, old car loan.

Debt collectors offering a lower payment? Does this hurt if not paying back full amount?
Considering taking money from pension to clear debt.
Will credit get better fast by just paying off debt, or is bankruptcy a better option?
The pension I would be taking from is not from my primary career.

If you're considering bankruptcy, then I'm going to assume you don't care about your credit score. Either way, bankruptcy should be an absolute last resort. Even if you don't need credit now, you might in the future and it's not the kind of thing you can raise in a short time.

If you can settle the debts for a lower amount, then do that. Without knowing your financial situation, I can't say if taking money from your pension is a good move for you, but it's certainly an option you should consider if your finances allow. I would try to negotiate with your creditors about setttling the debt for a lower amount, using pension money if need be.