Question

syddy26

Being Sued By collections but no paperwork sent, scam???
Old account become resurrected and I started getting calls about it. I tried to settle, but they refused to send me a letter for the amount of the settlement before giving them any of my bank information. I refused to cooperate unless I got my offer in writing. They could not do it, so I left it alone. Now my credit report says that particular collector has been removed and just yesterday I got a phone call saying I am being sued! However, I have no received any documentation by certified mail. I was instructed to call someone else so handles all the paperwork, which I did. He explained he would put my case on hold for 24 hours. He also explained that it had been two weeks since they sent the paper work so they were reaching out to see what was going on, on my end because they didn't want to submit a no response, which would produce an automatic judgment against me. It's just all weird to me because I have not gotten any documentation. Also, the first lady I spoke to mentioned that THERE WAS a signature, but I now for sure it wasn't me! What should be my next steps? Attorney? Ignore it? I'm so confused!

You need to determine is that particular account/debt still with-in the Statute Of Limitations of being sued, every State has different SOL for different types of debt. It's independent from your credit reports. If a suit was actually filed? You are able to search it directly from the Courthouse where it was filed.