Question

Fmfoley

Balance transfers to existing card and credit score impact/ increase credit score
I am currently looking to purchase a new home. Luckily it is new construction so I have some time to continue to work on my credit score.

One opportunity on my credit report is credit card utilization.

I have several cards that are very high in utilization (75-90% and up). I am actively working to make extra payments to correct this.

Here are my questions.

I know 30% or less is the sweet spot in utilization but is there other “tiers” along the way that will allow me to see a rise in my score?

Also balance transfers..I do not want to open a new card because of the credit hit but I have some cards with a 0 balance. If I was to transfer some of my high utilization to these (keeping them at 30% or less) what impact would this have on my credit score?

Or any other advice is also appreciated. Thanks!