Question

jdp895

Approved for a new card . Score rose. Used it score DROPPED
My credit score was " good" and I only had one credit card for about over a year... I recently applied for a new credit card ... Got approved and my credit score went up . Obviously bc I had a boat load more credit available and had used none yet... AS SOON as I used the card and my statement rolled around . My score dropped 19 points . I don't understand why. I kept my average of the both cards combined the same as what I normally would close my first credit card with before I got the new one .
For example when my score was " good " I always made sure my balance was $100
After getting the new card I did 50/50

Credit karma says my " reported total monthly payment of 25 has rise to 30"
I'm very confused

One of my cards statements closes on the 24th and the other closes on the 7th
I thought maybe the dates had something to do with it
I'm really not sure