Question

jkchd11

Accounts in Collections
I have two different accounts in collections that are aggravating the crap out of me. They rotate every other month reporting to Transunion one month and then Equifax the next month but, not both at the same time. One is $90 for a co-pay on a X-Ray and the other is $279 to my medical doctor. I want to pay these off but, I prefer to go directly to the original creditor to pay the amounts due. I don't want to give the satisfaction of paying them to Advance Collections and Advance Bureau of Collections since they are the third collection agency that has been hounding me and reporting me every week to one or the other agencies. My question is why can't I pay the original creditor and be done with this and dispute the debt with both bureaus the next time they are reported to collections? My doctor shows no balance on my account but, they meaning the Collection Agency keeps reporting it. Who gets the money when the debts are paid? Do they give part of the money to the original creditor and keep a portion or keep it all? They are nothing but scumbags in my mind and can ruin your attempt at getting credit for such a small amount of debt. I should have already dealt with this but, I couldn't at the time because of taking care of other debts. I have a 729 Credit Score but, they are considered as Derogatory Remarks in my credit profile.

The articles here explain how credit works and how to build a good credit score, but you apparently have not read them or you woud know about collection agencies and why you can't pay the original creditor anymore.  Because the original creditors could not get payment from you and were not going to waste their time in the effort, the debts were sold to a collection agency.  The collection agency  now owns the debt and is the one to be paid. If you HAD read the articles, you would have learned about the statute of limitations on collections and negotiating a 'pay for delete' agreement which could save you money and get the derogatory remarks removed.