A card I never had has been added to my credit report. How do I delete it?
The card is titled "MABT RETAIL", shows a $1500 limit and $0 balance. It was added to my report on April 21, 2013, and last reported on June 28, 2013. I had TransUnion do an investigation,k the result of which was to show only that this is "new information" and "Satisfactory Account" on my report. TransUnion has added the Remark "ACCT INFO DISPUTED BY CUSTOMER". I also added a Fraud Alert which will expire on 9/2013, but none of this has removed the erroneous MABT listing. MABT's listed address is 8405 SW NIMBUS AVE, SUITE A, BEAVERTON, OR 97008. When I Google this address it shows up as "Genesis Bankcard Services Inc" and they advertise "Affordable consumer credit solutions". However, Hoover's lists their three top competitors as Portfolio Recovery Associates, Inc., Nationwide Recovery Systems, Ltd. and Asset Acceptance Capital Corp., all of which are collection agencies. How do I remove this erroneous information?

willmorgan

Most Helpful Response

Bankcard..... thats what i got my teeth loan through. So did you get any dental work lately?

Response by
skullfreek

Do you know who has the card?   I have it showing on mine as well but never got the card?

jayblank

Dental Work

I go to Aspen Dental for my services and I had to apply to Genesis Lending to pay off my $300 services. That is what this is. So, like the first response asks, have you gotten any dental work done lately? Have you applied to any credit service in a medical office such as orthodontics, dental, or regular dr's office?

Response by
sadiehoneybee93

i also have this on my credit report but i do have a card from genisis where i got my teeth done and its listed seperatly on my report.i dont have a card that says mabt...so if its the same thing then why do i have the genesis card from aspen dental????dnt make sence..not going to complain thou it shows a zero balance so its only helping my credit

heartache41

Write a letter.

Ask for validation of the acct. you can find a validation letter template online. 

Ask them to show you a copy of the original application and signature card. 

Then if you don't know anymore about it. Close it. You might take a ding on your score but better that than having a CC with your name on it out there. 

Response by
EddyTX

Possibly a Furniture Store Purchase

This account showed up in my report as well this year.  It turns out this was from the financing we got when we purchased some furniture a fwe months ago.  We paid it off and I thought it was done with but it turns out it is effectively a line of credit that can be used at that particular furniture store.  I would look to see if anything you financed around the time this account opened is related.

Response by
tjohnson333

I also Have this problem. I am confused on what to do please if anyone finds a solution please post it.

Response by
cody70094

Same problem here

I got an approved credit card in the mail from Genesis Bankcard Services, but I never applied for it, to activate the card I was suposed to go to their website and enter the account number provided in the letter along with my personal info..

I never submitted my info or credit card number and still, 2 weeks later it shows in my credit report that I have a "new account" from MABT RETAIL with a $1000 limit and $0 balance

Response by
melyjas

I would call them and find out what address they have for you and if it's correct report the card lost or stolen and then cancel it and don't have it reissued. After that ask for confirmation that it was in fact cancelled and send the information to all the credit bureaus. Good luck, you'll need it as dealing with these company's and credit bureaus is notoriously difficult.

izapx

mabt is also on my credit report and i have no idea who or how it got put on my report

Response by
Sadiesdog6

mabt retail

I have this on my credit never herd of it say's I owe them 509 dallars .How do i get it fixed

Response by
kplourde1963

I just got some teeth work and that same "Genesis" is the one that approved my work. They game me 3.000 credit which I used 1,080 of it. I don't know yet what are the Int. rate or anything. It was all done at Coast dental in Lake Mary, Fl. I hope I didn't get deep into more trouble???

Response by
qsignet111

It is for zales

Za

Response by
summerlady80

Submit to the Community