Question

willmorgan

A card I never had has been added to my credit report. How do I delete it?
The card is titled "MABT RETAIL", shows a $1500 limit and $0 balance. It was added to my report on April 21, 2013, and last reported on June 28, 2013. I had TransUnion do an investigation,k the result of which was to show only that this is "new information" and "Satisfactory Account" on my report. TransUnion has added the Remark "ACCT INFO DISPUTED BY CUSTOMER". I also added a Fraud Alert which will expire on 9/2013, but none of this has removed the erroneous MABT listing. MABT's listed address is 8405 SW NIMBUS AVE, SUITE A, BEAVERTON, OR 97008. When I Google this address it shows up as "Genesis Bankcard Services Inc" and they advertise "Affordable consumer credit solutions". However, Hoover's lists their three top competitors as Portfolio Recovery Associates, Inc., Nationwide Recovery Systems, Ltd. and Asset Acceptance Capital Corp., all of which are collection agencies. How do I remove this erroneous information?

MABT Retail

MABT Retail is Mid America Bank and Trust. Did you perhaps do any business with Helzberg Diamonds or another retailer that uses that financial group around the time the account was opened ? Either it is a duplicate or a name change for that company. Either way, I would still monitor it.

cjarceneaux

This is absolutely correct.

stephenrhill

I actually do have a Helzberg card, but it is a Capitol 1 and already listed on my report. Any other ideas? 

Monkey1006

MABT Retail is Mid America Bank and Trust. I had a Helzberg Diamond account but it wasnt enough fo my purchase so they ran their "PRIVATE ACCOUNT" using my info from the Capital One helzberg Account. Just call Helzberg or go in to Helzberg and ask them if they ran a private account, ask for the 800 number for their private account and call customr service and close the account. Hope that helps.  

21chrysler

Any in-store accounts could be MABT ( Mid-America Bank and Trust). Local furniture, furniture rent to own, jewelry, etc.

An approval received when perhaps your credit at that time was not solid enough for a "major" creditor.

In-store Helzberg accounts are MABT. CapitalOne is the national major creditor for their customers. 

Think back and try to pinpoint any major or semi-major purchase you may have made or intended to make at or around (60 days prior minimum) the time the account was opened.

Most Helpful Response

Dental Work

I go to Aspen Dental for my services and I had to apply to Genesis Lending to pay off my $300 services. That is what this is. So, like the first response asks, have you gotten any dental work done lately? Have you applied to any credit service in a medical office such as orthodontics, dental, or regular dr's office?

heartache41

i also have this on my credit report but i do have a card from genisis where i got my teeth done and its listed seperatly on my report.i dont have a card that says mabt...so if its the same thing then why do i have the genesis card from aspen dental????dnt make sence..not going to complain thou it shows a zero balance so its only helping my credit

webstergoshen

This bank is used by boflex have you purchased a machine recently? 

Write a letter.

Ask for validation of the acct. you can find a validation letter template online. 

Ask them to show you a copy of the original application and signature card. 

Then if you don't know anymore about it. Close it. You might take a ding on your score but better that than having a CC with your name on it out there. 

Bankcard..... thats what i got my teeth loan through. So did you get any dental work lately?

jayblank

Do you know who has the card?   I have it showing on mine as well but never got the card?

Possibly a Furniture Store Purchase

This account showed up in my report as well this year.  It turns out this was from the financing we got when we purchased some furniture a fwe months ago.  We paid it off and I thought it was done with but it turns out it is effectively a line of credit that can be used at that particular furniture store.  I would look to see if anything you financed around the time this account opened is related.

It is for zales

Za

I also Have this problem. I am confused on what to do please if anyone finds a solution please post it.

mabt is also on my credit report and i have no idea who or how it got put on my report

I have the same thing on my credit page, i just realized i think it may be a card i got for help with my dental bill because i had no insurance, but i never used it.

rengler1971

It is a card to dentel bill

mabt retail

This is dental credit card thru Aspen dental, it is an "internal credit". You are only able to use it thru Aspen. If you want to get it off your credit you need to go to their local office and go that route. BUT it is helping your credit if you use it for simple things like a co-pay for x-rays and pay it off before interest accures.