Question

EMTmuffin

3 major things affect my credit score, number of accounts, age of accounts, and credit utilization
Like I said those are the big 3.
Credit utilization affects credit score highly
Age of accounts affects it medium
And open accounts is low

So my question is, should I open accounts for credit cards at retail stores and keep the balance paid off? That would increase my total credit limit helping with the credit utilization (high) and help with my number of open accounts (low)
But would bring down the average age of accounts (med)

Do you think this would help or hurt? I'm actually pretty good at keeping cards paid off. Some unfortunate "emergencies" came up and hey that's why I got my cards in the first place. Just concerned about bringing down the average age of my accounts. Most of my accounts are young because well I'm young (24) and didn't open any accounts until I became an "adult".