Question

Lostguy985

2 utilities charged off not in collections yet, what to do?
So I have 2 utilities (power, water) that are in my accounts section shown as charged off but they haven't hit collections yet. My question is I'm hoping to get them to delete for pay should I try to contact the OC now or wait til it goes to collections? Also if I contact the OC should I use phone or mail? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I think you missed the questions in my post but thanks for your reply. I understand budgeting and have plenty of money to pay these off. 

A charge off is an explaination of a collections account. If you pull your credit and you see anything concerning a power bill or water bill, then it has been reported as bad debt.  If you have the money to pay these items off I would do so. Electricity and water are basic essentials that the finacial community feel is a no brainer when it comes down to paying for these items each month. You basically need these items to survive. Not paying these items mean you have your priorities mixed up.  Start a monthly budget of what you can afford each month, making sure that the basic needs are paid for first, stop eating out as much and buying things you think you need that is taking away from your bill paying expenses.