This offer is no longer available on our site: Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- High cash back rate on all purchases
- Sign-up bonus
- No annual fee
- No bonus category rewards rates
- Only basic redemption options
Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card: What you need to know
The Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card is a straightforward cash back rewards card that offers a flat cash back rate on all purchases, plus a sign-up bonus and a $0 annual fee. This unique combination makes this card a great choice for people who want to streamline their wallet and have just one easy-to-use card.
No-hassle rewards at a high flat rate
The Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card offers a 2% flat cash back rewards rate. Another small perk of this rewards rate: You’ll always earn your 2% cash back upfront, unlike the Citi® Double Cash Card, which offers 1% back at the time of purchase and another 1% when you pay it off. Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card simplifies that approach, ensuring you earn all of your rewards upfront.
Limited redemption options
You can redeem your rewards to cover recent purchases that you made on the card, or you can use your rewards to get gift cards in $25 increments. If you’re an existing Wells Fargo banking customer, you may also be able to redeem your points for a statement credit on a qualifying Wells Fargo credit card, checking account or mortgage account — or you can take out rewards as cash in $20 increments using your Wells Fargo debit card or ATM card.
Strong sign-up bonus
The Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card offers $200 in cash rewards after new cardholders spend $1,000 on eligible purchases in the first 3 months after account opening. The bonus helps this card stand out.
No annual fee
The Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card doesn’t charge cardholders an annual fee. That means you don’t need to worry about earning enough rewards on the card to recoup costs.
What else you need to know about the Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card
If you’re considering adding the Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card to your wallet, here are a few more things to keep in mind.
- Cellphone protection worth up to $600 — If you use your card to pay your cellphone bill, you can get protection from damage and theft not covered by other insurance, after paying a $25 deductible.
- Intro APR offer — Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card offers 0% intro APR for the first 15 months from account opening on both purchases and balance transfers. Balance transfers must be requested within 120 days of account opening, and you’ll pay a balance transfer fee: 3% for 120 days from account opening, then up to 5%; minimum: $5. After the intro periods end, the ongoing APR for both purchases and balance transfers is a variable 17.99%, 22.99%, or 27.99%.
Who this card is good for
The Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card may be a good fit for people who like a simple way to earn cash back on all purchases. If you’re someone who doesn’t want to think too much about which card to use for specific purchases in order to earn points, then this card might be something you want to consider.
Not sure this is the card for you? Consider these alternatives.
The Wells Fargo Active Cash® Card is a great all-around card, but if you’re looking for something more specialized, here are some additional cards to consider.
- Chase Freedom Unlimited®: Good rewards rate on all purchases, plus some bonus categories.
- Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express: Excellent for families and anyone who likes to cook at home.
- Discover it® Cash Back: Get unlimited cash back on all purchases, with a high rate on rotating categories.